I clearly needed something stronger than string and wax. The Cagev2.0 needed to be thick, have no striations, and be reusable. I also wanted it to be able to do the whole face so if I wanted to apply it in pieces, I could do so. I used 20 gauge wire and did the same thing I did in v1.0, only this time it really hurt my fingers.
I didn’t get any pictures before this point. This is the wire that has been formed and taped into place, then super glued.
I had to change heads as the other one was a bit melted.
The Cage completed, but looking scraggly
All cleaned up
The Cage by itelf
After a few coats of latex
After latex dried
Stay tuned for v1.4